The Guild Theater is a nonprofit theater managed by St. Hope Academy, a nonprofit community development corporation whose mission is to revitalize inner-city communities through public education, civic leadership, economic development, and the arts. The Guild Theater is the only remaining theater of the numerous early 20th century motion picture houses for which Oak Park was once known. Designed and financed by Joseph Lewis and completed in 1915, it was the largest of three theaters on 35th Street in Oak Park at that time. Originally called the Victor Theater, the building’s structure reflected the influence of the Moorish Revival on theaters of that era.
Aug 13, 2022
Aug 7, 2022